Counseling Service Benefit
WHAT IS THE BENEFIT
Retirement planning should begin long before a member
reaches retirement age. Not only older members near
retirement, but also younger members have a great deal to
gain from this benefit. It is not wise to wait until the
month before you plan to retire to set your affairs in
order. It is much wiser to plan years in advance.
Retirement Counseling sessions are strictly
These Sessions will:
- Make it clear when you can retire.
- Explain the retirement application process.
- Explain the retirement system as it applies to you
and your family.
- Provide accurate and up-to-date information on the
Public School Employees Retirement System.
- Discuss the options which are available at this
- Assist in long range planning for career members.
- Explain medical coverage and Health and Welfare
benefits after retirement.
- Explain termination pay.
- Explain how your family is protected if you die in
- Explain what happens if you are disabled.
Also, the retirement counselors are available to assist
members with problems related to the Public School Employees
Retirement System such as the purchase of service credit.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
Any member of a PFT bargaining unit covered by Public
School Employees Retirement System is eligible. Spouses or
eligible dependents of deceased members covered by Public
School Employees Retirement System are covered, also.
WHEN ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
At any time.
HOW TO USE THE BENEFIT
Call the Health and Welfare Fund Office (CompanyPhone)
to make an appointment.