Welcome to the
We hope you find this site informative and useful. We welcome your comments and suggestions.
IMPORTANT NOTICE! Workers’ Compensation Reminder
HOT FLASHES - WHAT'S NEW:
▪ New Workshop Offering - Summer Institute for Biology Teachers, August 6-8, 2014, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm. Earn 15 Act 48 Hours - Click the link for more information ERD/biology summer flyer.pdf
▪ New Course Offerings: -Response to Intervention RTII, July 14 through July 22, 2014, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. Earn 42 ACT 48 Hours - See attached flyer for more information. ERD/RTII Summer flyer 2014.pdf
▪ 2014 Summer Institute: July 21 - 25, 2014, 9:00 am to 4:00 p.m. Earn up to 35 ACT 48 Hours or 3 Graduate Credits. See attached flyer for more information. ERD/Summer Institute 2014.pdf
▪ Teacher Induction Initiative: Strong Beginnings - August 4 through August 8, 2014. See attached flyer for more information. ERD/Induction Flyer Summer 2014.pdf
▪ PSERS web site has inforamtion available regarding the new classes, T-E and T-F. especially for new members. PSERS shows you their option to convert to T-F. The link is below, If you are interested, follow the link - http://www.psers.state.pa.us/tf.htm
▪ Education Research and Dissemination Program - Course Offerings of ER&D. The attachment outlines the course offerings. Educational Research and Dissemination Program
▪UPDATED MONTHLY - The listings of participating dentists by specialty and by county. Click on the DENTIST? button. We now have listings for Dentists who have joined since the last listing.
▪June 2010 Pennsylvania Health Care Cost Containment Council (PHC4) is an independent state agency charged with addressing the cost and quality of health care in Pennsylvania. Recent reports can be viewed by accessing the following links: Health Care Cost Containment; Chronic Health Conditions in Pennsylvania; PHC4 Financial Analysis; Hospital Performance Report.
▪ACT 48- IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CERTIFICATE - click the link for details. ACT 48.pdf
▪A Message from Jack Steinberg, Chief Trustee - LINK to Pennsylvania Health Care Cost Containment Council (PHC4) REPORT - The PHC4 provides evaluations of PA Hospitals and doctors concerning Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) This link will take you to the full report. The report covers 2006-2007. http://www.phc4.org/reports/cabg/07/default.htm - Once you access the above link click on Cardiac Surgery Report.
▪RETIREMENT PLANS: Teachers planning to retire at the end of June may retain their Personal Choice or Keystone coverage through August 31, provided that the Office of Retirement receives a “Notification of Retirement / Resignation” form on or before April 15. Forms may be obtained on-line at www.philasd.org or by contacting the Retirement Office located at The School District of Philadelphia, Department of Human Resources, Retirement Office, 440 North Broad Street, Suite G-8, Philadelphia, PA 19103, Phone 215-400-4680. To locate the forms on line at the School District’s site, type www.philasd.org, then click on Employees column on the right hand side – click Retirement, 2nd paragraph click the link to “Notification of Retirement” form and download form. REMEMBER to call the H&W Fund Retirement Office at 215-561-2722 to make an appointment for questions and answers regarding your retirement options.
▪ATTENTION-GETTING READY TO RETIRE?
The PFT Health and Welfare Fund wants to remind those members thinking about retirement to be aware of Act 43. Act 43 allows retirees to continue to purchase the basic health care they had purchased during COBRA until they become eligible for Medicare. To take advantage of Act 43 retirees must meet one of the following requirements.
When you receive a COBRA letter from the School District, note carefully the time period offered. If you have any questions, please call the Fund at 215-561-2722.
If you lose time from work while on workers' compensation status, a retirement deduction will NOT be made. Upon your return to work, you are eligible to purchase service credit. You may contact the Retirement office at 215-400-4680 for further information.
▪MRSA INFORMATION SHEET - WHAT is MRSA and HOW does MRSA affect us? Click the link to answers theses questions and more.
Participants who elect to participate in a Medicare Part D Plan (either through “Medicare Advantage Plan” with a prescription benefit or a stand alone “Prescription Drug Plan”) are not eligible for the benefits from the “Fund”.
If the Medicare Part D Plan benefits cease to be available (either nationally or in the Participant’s geographic area), the Participant shall be permitted to resume coverage under the “Health and Welfare Fund” upon submitting a written proof of their enrollment in the Medicare Part D Plan which has ceased to be available.